Archeology
I cannot say much about my mother. That she loved us, fed us, kept us safe and warm cannot be contested, but my mother was distant, in a childlike way, without much sense of mature responsibility. If there was a field in which she had an impact on me, it was her passion for archeology, or at least Egyptology.
So the result is that I am interested in all fields of archaeology, just not Egyptology.
If I did not meet the love of my life I would possibly have branched into this field. I was already in contact with an American University that was doing work in South America and would have been part of a team they were putting together for work in Peru. To view as much history as possible is now part of our wanderings. Jelhi does not really share my enthusiasm in this field but she endures.
This trip is a part of the world, a world where prior to the Greeks, Romans and Italians there were others.
Lycia has many stories.
Comments
Post a Comment